Hiring Truck Drivers Using Facebook | Episode 126
If you are trying to grow a fleet of trucks, I can just about guarantee your biggest challenge is hiring good drivers. With a nationwide shortage of about 80,000 drivers and a driver turnover rate close to 100%, hiring and keeping good truck drivers is extremely difficult. How does a growing carrier not have their lunch eaten by the big guys when it comes to recruiting? That’s what we’ll cover in this episode…. After we talk about a recent load of eggs we hauled that had some challenges and ended up with a big mess to clean up.
What To Expect From Episode 126
Finding the type of drivers we look for at Haulin Assets has always been a challenge. That challenge got a little easier when we started working with Jake, our guest on this episode, and he helped us start recruiting on Facebook. Here are some reasons to use Facebook as a recruiting tool:
- 96% of truck drivers have a Facebook account
- On average, Facebook users spend 33 minutes a day on the platform
- It’s the #1 platform for user engagement
- 73% of seekers found their last job through social media
Here are the general topics we cover:
- What is currently generating interest in your positions and how do you leverage that?
- What needs to be in place before launching ads, i.e. Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, etc?
- Who is your target audience?
- What content do you need to create and the basics of how to do it.
- How many applicants do you need?
- What is your plan after launch?
- Make ads mobile friendly
- Use images and video
- Have patience
- Driver testimonials are gold
- Use web automations to increase the speed to contact
- Facebook is a piece of the pie
- Failure to declare your ad as a “special ad category”
- Poor image sizing
- Using stock images
- Not running ads through the Ads Manager
- Not staying up to date on policy changes implemented by Facebook
Here are a couple of the tools Jake mentioned that you can use to create the images for ads. canva.com and figma.com