I start off this episode talking about an overside load crash here in Utah that could have been catastrophic. It was a totally preventable crash and resulted because of what I would call extreme negligence. It’s an interesting story and one of those situations where we should all learn from someone else’s mistakes. It is easier that way.
What To Expect From Episode 137
It was another tough month, but I am seeing more and more signs that we are turning the corner. I have my fingers crossed that we are almost to greener pastures.
- Total miles ran– 100,053 (Less miles, two trucks sat the entire month)
- Deadhead miles– 7,421 (7.4%, about the same as last month)
- Total revenue– $199,337.87
- All-in rate-per-mile– $1.99 (bad, but $0.13 better than last month)
Haulin Assets realized a loss of $25,755.42.
Here are the things we dive a little deeper into on the P&L:
- Fuel, it’s getting bad again
- Work comp, we are playing catchup from an audit
- Maintenance, lots of tires
- Oregon use tax
- Repairs, highest number I remember seeing
Profit & Loss Sheet
Listen to the Full Episode